Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hypertension: Coronary Cinnamon Rolls



Oh. My. Goodness.

I never really loved butter because it's so bad for you. But after baking this batch of babies, I think I reached Nirvana. Or rather, a state of reckless and injudicious consumption of butter because it was That Darn Good.



I actually ate 75% of what I made. Usually, 75% goes to giving the people around me but this golden recipe, got me so hooked I was downing them one at a time, and pretty quickly too at that.

These are the Best Cinnamon Rolls by Pioneer Woman. Honestly, I prefer coronary but hey, I didn't come up with this recipe. And man was she right that this IS the best. The dough is amazingly fluffy, chewy and had the perfect bite.

I woke up especially early that day to bake this cinnamon rolls for my family for breakfast and gosh, the amount of butter was SO MUCH that the cleanup was a total nightmare. I was so grumpy but the first bite of the cinnamon roll calmed me down instantly. The second took me right out of this galaxy.

PW posted a perfect step by step tutorial and pictures and shared her notes and tips on making this beauty piece of art. There's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Pressure points and top tips! (from trial and error) =D

1) I went ahead with a whole cup of butter as per her recipe and found that it WAS way too much. I am planning on making them again but with olive oil this time cause my house has simply too many bottles of EVOO. Shall see how it goes. The amount of melted butter is directly proportional to the mess that was made. I was also considering whipping the butter with cinnamon and sugar and then spreading it unto the dough so that it'll be cleaner to handle than melted butter. Shall try THAT method out too.

2) Give them ample room. I grabbed the nearest tray and it was simply too small but I squeezed them in like sardines. In the end, they expanded out of the tray and I had butter EVERYWHERE. Like, EVERYWHERE. Also, the shapes didn't look that good after it has risen UPWARDS instead of proofing sideways.

3)Refrigerate the dough. Really. Makes rolling it out seem like child's play.



As what I'd always say - share the love, share the calories. I'm definitely making you babies again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers